TICER 2005: Digital Libraries à la Carte: Choices for the Future | August 22-26, 2005 | Tilburg NL
Modular, International Digital Library Course
Tilburg University, The Netherlands, 22-26 August 2005
The International Ticer School (known for its former International Summer School on the Digital Library) offers a brand new, modular course for librarians and publishers: "Digital Libraries à la Carte: Choices for the Future". The course will be held at Tilburg University, the Netherlands, 22-26 August 2005.
From its ‘menu’ of five one-day modules, you can pick your choice:
• trends and strategic issues
• technological developments, relevant to libraries
• consortia and licensing
• Open Access and institutional repositories
• the role of libraries in teaching and learning
Top speakers will present their views. Below is a selection.
• Marissa Mayer is Director, Consumer Web Products at Google
• Derk Haank is CEO of Springer and former CEO of Elsevier
• Peter Suber is among the most cited authors on Open Access
• Jenny Levine’s blog (theshiftedlibrarian.com) is read by thousands of librarians
• Carol Tenopir has published over 200 journal articles and is cited frequently
• Deb deBruijn closed the worldwide biggest consortium deal (over 50 million dollar)
• Gerry McKiernan is the compiler of several known Web registries
• Steven Gilbert is president of The TLT Group and an expert on learning landscapes
• Pat Maughan transforms the undergraduate curriculum at the prestigious UC Berkeley to include information literacy training
To guarantee a highly interactive programme, the number of participants is limited to 45 per module, lectures contain an interactive component, and two modules are concluded with a practical workshop. The course is recommended by JISC (www.jisc.ac.uk/), the DARE project (www.surf.nl/en/themas/index2.php?oid=7), and SURF Diensten (www.surfdiensten.nl/).
The course website can be found at www.ticer.nl/05carte/ On the website you can find the full programme, the complete list of 20 lecturers with short bios, abstracts of most presentations and practical information about course fee and registration.
If you register before 1 June 2005, you will get a €150 discount.
Do you want a quick update in just one to five days?
Then Tilburg is the place to be this summer!
Ms Jola Prinsen
Course Manager Ticer B.V.
P.O. Box 4191
5004 JD Tilburg
tel. +31 13 466 8310
fax +31 13 466 8383